November is a special Chamber Connections that will focus on #GivingTuesday:
The Opening day of the giving season.
#GivingTuesday is a global movement for giving and volunteering, taking place each year after Black Friday, it’s a time when charities, companies and individuals join together and rally for favourite causes. In the same way that retailers take part in Black Friday, the giving community comes together for #GivingTuesday.
#GivingTuesday harnesses the potential of social media and the generosity of people around the world to bring about real change in their communities; it provides a platform for them to encourage the donation of time, resources and talents to address local challenges.
It also brings together the collective power of a unique blend of partners – nonprofits, civic organizations, businesses and corporations, as well as families and individuals – to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness.
Across Canada and around the world, #GivingTuesday unites communities by sharing our capacity to care for and empower one another.
The evening will include:
Former BC Lion, Angus Reid, who will speak about the benefits of charitable giving and collaborating with not for profit organizations
A Not-for-Profit Trade Show
The Launch of ‘the Snowball Effect’
Catered Food and Beverage
Angus Reid, former BC Lion, 3-time all-star, 2-time Grey Cup Champion, 5-time team captain, motivational speaker, radio host and author.
His latest book ‘Thank you Coach’ is a story of the lasting impact great coaching and leadership can have on a person and is told in a sequence of charismatic and heartwarming stories by someone who learned from experience, making it a great gift for anyone in your network.
Angus will donate $5 from every book sold to the winning not-for-profit at the Chilliwack Gives Back event.
Tuesday November 27th
5pm – 9pm
at the Chilliwack Cultural Center
*General Admission to event is by donation at the door or donate to your not-for-profit of choice in our registration link below.
- Ann Davis Society
- Chilliwack Learning Society
- Cyrus Center
- Sardis Doorway for Mothers and Children
- Wilma’s Transition House / Xolhemet Society
- Chilliwack Community Services
- Sto:lo Business Association
- Chilliwack Hospital Foundation
- Chilliwack Bowls of Hope Society
- Meadow Rose Family Help Center
- Chilliwack Hospice Society
- Wish of a Lifetime Canada
- Clean Water International
- YMCA Chilliwack
- Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation
- Big Brother and Sisters of the Fraser Valley
- Chilliwack & District Seniors Resource Society
- Chilliwack Society for Community Living
- Upper Fraser Valley Crime Stoppers
- Canadian Elite Basketball League
This event is sponsored by: